Monday, November 10, 2008

Platform Bed Styles



There are many styles of platform beds for many of us to choose from. Most of them do have a similar attribute, and it's their low-profile. Platform beds are so low to the ground due to the fact that one doesn't need a box spring or mattress support. Usually the only supporting the mattress are wooden slats going horizontally as the base.

I think platform beds are popular because of their simplicity and design preferred by many teens and young adults. For a platform bed, less is more and having one in a bedroom furniture set just makes it easier for you to find matching furniture such as drawers, mirrors, night stands, etc.

5 comments:

WH said...

Your post sets me thinking again about getting a platform bed for my 3 year old son. Since it is lower to the ground, I'm thinking it should be safer since I'm afraid he may roll off the bed. But he wants a toddler bed while I think that's a waste of money. But if I do buy a platform bed and he ends up not wanting to sleep on it, I'll be tearing my hair out!!

Anonymous said...

Wow... love the blog! I found you via BlogCatalog. I love the image you have there on your home page of that platform bed! Fantastic! I'll have to find one for myself... :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. The bed on this blog is really cool. Its really of the ordinary, might be something worth doing more research and Might buy a bed like this one. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing bed!! Check out this one too for Platform Bed

Anonymous said...

I found some beautiful patterned fashion bedding that would go great on this bed. Check it out at http://www.elegantlinenspc.com/Floral-Duvet-cover.htm